Friday, May 27, 2011

Looks like I'm back!

Oh, hey... hi! Looks like Blogger is gonna let me back in to my own blog. Finally. Grrrrrrrr.

Just in time for the long weekend, too. Which just happened to coincide with the arrival of the nice weather. So, outdoor grilling, and lots of family stuff on this weekend. But also, luxury of luxuries, an extra day to write!

I've been struggling lately with finding time for that. Mostly, I know, it's been all the crap going on in my life, the changes in everyone's routines, and just dealing with it all. But it also seems like the later start and stop to my work day, that in theory should have given me a nice chunk of writing time in the morning, has just served to chop my day up more. It starts, I think, with having been sleeping better. Which is a good thing. But it also means a later start to writing. So I get up, put the coffee on, check what's been happening on the internet overnight, get the WIP open, start to get into a groove, and then the girl child is up needing to be fed, told to get dressed, brush her hair and teeth, and get her on the school bus. Then I have to get showered and dressed, and by then it's almost time for me to be leaving for work. And at night, with the later arrival home, I get maybe an hour after dinner for family time, getting a bit of writing in, and it's time for bed. It seems like I was getting more done back when I was up and out the door by 7:00 every morning.

Yeah, I know, I know. I'm making excuses. Butt in chair, fingers on keyboard, cupcake. Just power through it and git'r'writ.

The thing is, it's been getting better the past few weeks, though. Just a couple of thousand words a week. Which sucks, compared to what I was doing 18 months ago. But I need to stop comparing it to that. Because it's still a whole lot better than nothing, and the thing is, I've been doing it every week.

So, not back to where I was. But definitely back to being regularly productive. And hopefully a base that I'll be able to build from and improve upon from here on out. So, yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment